Country, Place of work: Tanzania, Kamanga
Duration: 3 years
Partner organisation: The Cedar Foundation is a ?Not for Profit? Company that was established in Tanzania in 2014. Their mission is to help communities help themselves across multiple sectors (health, education, women empowerment, training and entrepreneurialism). All of their projects focus on meeting the needs of the most vulnerable, and respecting the environment. Among others, the Cedar Foundation aims to establish a Health Centre (Nyamatongo ward) providing quality healthcare service to all.
Tasks: As a part of the INTERTEAM Country Programme Tanzania we contribute significantly to the improvement of access to comprehensive quality health care services and quality education provision for children and youth with disabilities or other special needs. To support the above-mentioned Health Centre we are looking for a professional who is able to conduct the following tasks:
– To get to know the local staff at the Health Centre and to assess constructively their level of training and skills, identifying gaps in a sensitive and non-critical manner.
– To assist in the design of a training programme to address identified gaps in knowledge and skills.
– To train local medical staff directly in a cultural sensitive manner where possible.
– To support the work of the daily patient care.
– If appropriate to seek volunteers who could address other gaps in training and to assist in recruiting them.
– To liaise with other institutions and networks to develop and share areas of best practice.
– Successfully completed studies/apprenticeship
– Min. 5 years of professional working experience
– Minimum age of 30 years
– Domicile in Switzerland
– Good physical and mental health
– High level of social and self-competence
– Intercultural sensitivity
– Interest in development policy and social conditions
– Willingness to an adapted life style
– Degree (Bachelor or Master) as medical professional or with a specialization like ICU nurse or midwife
– Qualified medical general nurse training qualification or experience in training
– Very good knowledge of written and oral English
– Willingness to learn the local language Kiswahili
– Unique chance to work abroad for a meaningful purpose – Cultural exchange and expansion of personal horizon
– Enhancement of competences through intercultural learning
– Careful aptitude test and preparation for deployment
– Professional support during deployment
– Extensive service package
variables Gehalt (z.B. Provision, Stuecklohn etc.)
Medical Nurse/ Trainer
INTERTEAM INTERTEAM ist eine Schweizer Organisation der Personellen Entwicklungszusammenarbeit. Wir vermitteln und begleiten Fachleute in dreijährige Einsätze nach Afrika und Lateinamerika. Zusammen mit lokalen Partnerorganisationen setzt sich INTERTEAM für gerechtere Lebensbedingungen und die Verminderung der Armut ein. Wir bieten Ihnen die Chance, Ihr Wissen zu teilen und einen einzigartigen Meilenstein in Ihrer Biografie zu setzen! CH